Steak Tacos with Red Peppers and Onions
Steak lovers are in for a treat with these tasty tacos made with seasoned beef, sautéed peppers and onions, and fresh cilantro.
- 1 lb. raw beef flank (or round) steak
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warm
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro (or Italian parsley)
Here are your instructions:
Rub steak with chili powder and salt and pepper (if desired).
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add steak; cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until it reaches desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
Cover steak with aluminum foil; let rest for 5 minutes.
Add onion and bell pepper to skillet; cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Remove from heat.
Cut steak against the grain into thin slices.
Top tortillas evenly with beef, onion mixture, and lime juice; garnish with cilantro.